Wednesday, April 28, 2021

bread

The bread was quite hard to do since the torn parts had a very hard to replicate texture but I was very happy with the way I was able to portray it. I started by painting this in using a rough painting brush and tried to not blend things using a smudge brush too much unless it was the smoother top area to get that fluffy texture. 


By building up the colours using an unblended rough brush it built up the torn texture along with it without having to paint these details in manually, I do think however this could have been pushed further by refining edges more to get crisper areas and to add more definition as it does all blend together a bit. The top of the bun was simple since it was smooth and non textured but I did want to add the white flour that bakers sometimes add so I used a cloud and a freckle brush to create this powered effect and this worked really well and this was one of the strongest parts of the piece. another strength of this pece was the use of very saturated colours around the top that makes the bread look fresh and bright which I think made it look much more appealing overall . The clear lighting worked really nicely in this piece and the stark contrast between the light side and the unlit side contrast really well and also gives the roll a more defined shape overall.

In the end I was very pleased with out this piece turned out since the texture of the roll is well developed and the use of lighting was very successful in giving the bread more volume .

some reference i used



No comments:

Post a Comment