Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Prosthetic leg

 


This prosthetic leg was based of others from the Victorian time period. The top part is a rusted metal which although isn't pretty is more fitting for someone who is on the move and maybe cant afford to replace it. The metal was painted by painting it plainly at first and then adding texture detail using rough metal brushes, creating a grainy texture which worked nicely.






I then added the rust which worked well but I think adding more orange on the edges would make it more realistic since rust fades out at the edges and turns a brighter copper colour and I missed this. Moving on to the foot, I tried to make it look like a painted wooden foot but the texture of the paint was clear and I think adding flakes and crash would have fixed this nicely, espheshally around the base of the foot which would be worn from walking. I do like the colours that went into creating the cream colour overall in the painting since it looks grungy and worm . 

I am overall happy with this piece and I think it was one of the more successful pieces in the project since it was well rendered and the detailing on the metal worked really well.



FINAL PIECE


reference used


No comments:

Post a Comment