Thursday, February 18, 2021

Texture sheets

 1



This sheet was for the skin and and the wraps on the feet and hands. The two best pieces on this sheet are the face and the abdomen as I managed to get them to look realistic ic. In the face I had to bare in mind the colour zones of the face which you can see clearest in the centre where it is flushed pink, here I exaggerated the saturation of the natural hue since a gladiator would presumably be outside most of the day and since it would be sweltering hot this would presumably leave its mark. This is also the reason I gave him a darker skin tone. The weakest part of this map is the bandage  textures are they are quite messy and also not as refined as I would have liked them to be, if I were to redo it I would have not separated them and only had one texture for both the hands and the same for the feet, this would have also made the seam painting quicker 




2



This sheet was for the objects not welded to the body. The most successful part of this sheet was most definitely the shield painting as I really like the shading on the red area and the way I painted the metal to be rough and unpolished, I did this to difference it from the clean and polished shields that soldiers used. The weakest part was the metal on the short sword as I think I could have given it more texture to make it look more worn and well used as he wouldnt have been given well polished and new lookingweaponry as that would be reserved for the army at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment