Friday, February 19, 2021

Week 20

I chose to do a portrait of a young person since it would make me have to adapt the basic face anatomy , this is because  children have slightly larger eyes in proportion to the rest of the face and the overall face shape is much softer 







 I think this piece turned out well, through the knowledge of human face anatomy I recreated an accurate depiction of my subject , although there are a few improvements I would make looking back. For example the mouth doesn't look tensed on the right side where the mouth is pulled upwards . To lay out the anatomy for the face I used methods from the artist Andrew Loomis, adjusting the roundness of the face slightly to fit more childlike proportions. I do think the forehead is a but to small compared to the reference but I do like the placement of baby hairs along the hairline as the irregularity makes it look more realistic. The use of cross hatching in the skin gave a softer look and also simulated the texture that peach fuzz gives to skin. Another thing I quite like about this piece is the way the eyebrows are drawn in as the subject has barely visible hairs that are sparse and I managed to portray that well through using only a few marks and allowing for them to give suggestion of there being hair there.


reference image





No comments:

Post a Comment