Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Texture sheets

 Brick

I went with stone bricks for this texture and I tried to make them look a bit rough and have some cracks and such on them. I do think that I could have added some more smaller amounts of texture to better finish off the texture as it does look a bit too smooth. The depth of the bricks worked well and  push it further I would have had a slightly different colour in the spacing's to indicate it was a sediment of some sorts. This texture would also double quite nicely as a cobblestone texture if I find out how to desaturate textures in either 3ds max or unreal, making it an adaptable texture.





Roof tiles


I painted colourful slate tiles for my house to add a bit more colour overall. I am quite happy with how they turned out but I do think adding a shadow that the bottom of each tile would help to make it look more convincingly 3D. I added edge highlighting to the side of the tiles to make them come further forward and contrast the darker area underneath to give the impression of them being layered over on another. I used gradient maps with this painting so I could experiment with the different colour combinations and I settled on this cooler toned red as the rest of my house was warmer toned overall so adding more very warm colours may have made it look dull. 


Plaster

My aim for this was for it to look a bit grubby and aged. I used a splatter effect brush and them a impressionist blender to apply and then disperse the colour more randomly so it looked more natural . I originally only did this to the top and bottom of the texture but based on feedback I re-did it so it was across the whole texture. I still wanted it to look worn and in need of a fixing though so I added some small cracks that showed some brick underneath which when put on the model added a nice element to the overall look of the building, giving it a bit more character.I also tried to keep it lighter when painting these cracks in so they weren't to harsh of a detail and more of a background detail to build up a bigger picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment