Monday, November 9, 2020

Shopfront Ideas

 Deciding on just one idea is always a challenge of mine, for this task I had a number of very ambitious ideas such as a shop that sold housekeepers that had been shrunk for your desk however I had to reign it in a little to fit with something achievable. So I limited myself to build three ideas and then chose one that sparked interest the most.

Idea 1- The seers eyes

This idea was the most macabre of the three, in this shop would be sol a collection of eyes taken from seers(people who can see the furture) . Some eyes would be single use were as more expensive ones would be multi use. The main assets for this idea would be jars and eyes. accompanied with plants and signboards for sales. Although this is seemed like a cool idea to me it didn't spark much excitement so I moved on to another idea.


Idea 2- Astrobargins

This one is pretty straightforward, a shop that sells all things star related , including the stars. This idea would have assets such as stars in bowls, moon lights and books scattered about with plants trailing the sides of the house giving it a more warm and storybook like atmosphere. Signage would be used a bit more for sales signs also.


Idea 3- Curious Creatures

This was my favourite of the three ideas simply because it has more variety. This shop is a pet shop but I wont be modelling complicated creatures,the only pets on show will be a made up fantasy creature of my own design. 

blups sketch 1
Meet the blups, yes they are very childish and simple but they will be fairly simple to model and they will give my scene some life. And sometime a more childish and fun idea is the best.

For this pet store I have a wider range of assets to include such as

- boxes of food

- beds

- books on care

- pet toys

- bowls

and if I can figure out how to make glass I can put glass boxes on tables to as their 'cages'

I will also be adding some climbing plants onto the side of the building to make it look more cottage like and friendly as leaving it bare reminds me more of cramped little roads than the more open village shop that I'm going for.

What Now?

Going forward with idea three I will be creating a trim sheet and various tilling textures to get the base of the building down and then will make onto the smaller assets that will fit around it. I will be trying to fit the design of the building around the concept of the shop through smaller details so it all ties together nicely at the end.





No comments:

Post a Comment