Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Zbrush sculpting



This was the first part I modelled and i did struggle with keeping it clean when modelling, I found using the orb curve created the cleanest lines and was smoother than the other brushes when engraving details. I smoothed any rough areas down with the standard smoothing brush whilst modelling so that the sculpt looked cleaner. I also used the hammered metal texture for the main part of it to get a more interesting texture .


this was the most time consuming area since I had issues with keeping the details looking clean, I managed to get it do a point were I was able to fix this to an extent but I think I will try and polish it more when texturing since substance painter allow you to add height to the texture through the use of normal maps.

The part I am most proud of is the side pieces as seen to the left . Here I tried to sculpt a angelic figure among roses, this was to give the piece a hint of religious influence since Christianity was very visually present in Victorian Britain. Traces of the imagery is in the statues that stand in cities that received a boom during this time . For example my own city, Liverpool has a large amount of Victorian buildings and statues since it was a major port so money was poured into the city. Religious influence is subtle but weaved throughout the city. So to make it fit the theme I chose for my project I wanted to have this subtle weaving of religion in my work. Another example of this is the use of roses throughout the design which represent Christ's passion and the blood of the martyrs. 

these two pieces were the main workload that I did in zbrush, other object didn't require as much, but other smaller part that had some modelling was the pillars either side of the iron


No comments:

Post a Comment