Thursday, March 25, 2021

3 point perspective idea and sketch out

Idea generation

I had a few ideas for this piece such as a elderly persons sitting room or a spacecraft bedroom but I settled on a fantasy royal court setting as I wanted to have more fun with it and I enjoy making small funny creatures in grand environments since its absurd. To flesh the idea out more I threw together a mood board but I did find it hard to find specifics of what I wanted so it is defiantly a more general collection of items to be played and smush together in the sketching stage.



sketch

for my 3 point piece I wanted to do a throne room for a goblin king that has been chased out of his kingdom and forced to live in a cave of trees since I thought it was a fun idea to mess around with and I found it funny adding elements to the piece that add more to the story which was developing in my head. 

I had the scene be a bit longer and have the focus on the throne area with the majority of the lighting focusing around the goblin king, which to avoid repeating goblin king all the time we shall call Flurp, a suitable name for a goblin.

I really wanted to make Flurp look small and stubby compared to his surroundings so I had the 'walls' be bending tree trunks, also I added a large dragon like creature above him which was to be a statue of the ancestors, similar to how many grand buildings have statues of famous people outside. This also make a very amusing juxtaposition of what the goblins used to be and what they have become since Ive drawn Flurp to be quite blob like and grumpy. 



feedback and improvements 

I received feedback that suggested I add more to the scene such as a council and also to remove tangents that interfere with the flow of the visuals. In response I added a small number of oyster mushrooms that are growing on the base of the tree to act as a platform for the royal courtiers that I also added in. To build up more of a narrative I added a row of guards lining the red carpet and a prisoner being presented to the goblin king, this filled in a lot of the bare space that was an issue and also made it more interesting


No comments:

Post a Comment