Sunday, February 21, 2021

Lighting



https://pin.it/7EKluDt

 

In my presentation of my Gladiator I want to use a mix of different lighting for different shots. One effect I want to have is a heroic feeling which I think could be achieved through dramatic lighting, here I may use a split/ short set up as it has a high contrast effect, this set ups effect also reminds me of looking at actors on stage from backstage in theater and the boldness of that image of someone standing tall in the headlights. This boldness would complement the story of Sparticus well and also the strength of a gladiator.


For the shots that I want to showcase the face a little more I will aim for a simple lighting setup that will slightly accentuate the shape of the face, this will make it look a little stern and brooding . For this I think a rembrandt broad set up will work nicely since its softer but still has some contrast of lighter and dark areas. This I would also like to use for the full body shots for the same reason and also to have some consistency in the setup of the shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment