Thursday, January 28, 2021

gladiator props

 

after completing the body model and adding the arm and leg wraps I moved onto making props and clothing for character. these items include a helmet, shoulder piece, leather arm guard, waist cloth, short sword and a shield.

all of these items bar the helmet and sword were modelled from a simple plane which after getting into the right shape I added a shell modifier to match the thickness I needed for each object. as for the helmet I actually copied part of the head of the character to get a nice rounded shape quickly and also so when scaled up it will fit over the head nicely.

which mostly of these they look very simple as I will be using the textures to add more dimension and finer details that would be costly to model in .

I think my least favourite part of all thee as the back of the helmet as it isn't shaped nicely and looks bland overall but I am hoping it will even out the painted detail on the front later on. My favourite part of the selection was the waist cloth as I tried to make it hang like a material would and it worked really nicely, also the over spill above the belt makes it seem more realistic as it wouldn't make sense of the top to be under the belt completely because the belt is holding the fabric up and if it was lower then it would be more likely to fall off whilst moving around a lot, an unfortunate accident if your were in the coliseum.

No comments:

Post a Comment