Saturday, November 28, 2020

Cubeworld reference investigation


This collection of images are my main inspiration for the style of the cubeworld piece. The green outdoorsy scene with layers that overlap and guide the eye of the viewer around the images, this is best seen in the top middle image where everything is linked in some way but they all sort of spiral your eye up to the highest level in the image. I also really liked the idea of having a waterfall that continues off the edge of the land which is seen in the bottom middle image, this makes it seem more like the land is floating. As for colour style I think I will lean more towards what you see in the top right image with dramatic contrast between the darker areas and the areas lit up by the sunlight, I also quite like the way the water is coloured with so much vibrancy and that is something I want to take on board myself and try and recreate in my own work. I picked these images not only for the already mentioned reasons but also the style, the semi-realistic style is what I want to aim for so it isn't a cartoon like image but also not a renaissance painting, a nice in between that looks inspired by fantasy paintings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment