Monday, December 7, 2020

Colour variations

 I tried out some different colour variations though the use of gradient maps, I did this so I could explore the different options and how they effect the atmosphere of the piece. By doing this I can choose which one is best for the narrative of my concept.


Variation  1

This variation is a little bit darker than the rest but provides a nice contrast for the bright bushes and water. This darkness suits the graveyard level as it gives a feeling of  grimace and its a displeasure atmosphere which is fitting for a graveyard. I do think however it is a bit too dark and the details get lost in the meshing of the colours and this needs to be avoided for things to stand out.







Variation 2

This one was more saturated with the green bushes and blue water really standing out against the grim and dark looking graveyard which suits the narrative I have for the scene. But I do feel that the graveyard is falling a bit flat and needs more contrast in the bushes and trees perhaps to bring it to fruition.

The water is much the same as the last option but the way it plays with the colour of the bushes well and they complement each other. 






Variation 3

This variation was my favourite as it balanced the vibrancy in the area that represents life and the contrast in the graveyard area is nicely balanced overall. But I do think putting the gradient from the first variation overtop with a decreased opacity and a blending adjustment may help give those undertones some more bass.









Variation 4

This colour variation  has some really nice elements but it is a bit loud. The green tone that runs throughout the piece works really nicely with the greenery and the soil but not so much with the stone, metal benches and water. Think it would work well if I merged the colours here with another  variation to keep the bright greens and natural tones whilst finding more fitting colours for the area's it does not work as well.







Conclusion

Out of the four options the one I liked the most was the third variation as it had a nice balance but it could benefit from smaller elements from the first variation and the green tint on the foliage from the four variation.To create a ideal mesh of the first, third and fourth variations I will use the third variation as a base which will be the main influence and then overlay the other  two options overtop with reuced opacity .


No comments:

Post a Comment