Wednesday, February 24, 2021

blocking out

To start out the modelling process I decided to gather my references and start build my model in 3ds max first using more simple shapes and leaving the ornate details for the sculpting in Zbrush. I decided here whilst modelling that I was going to limit the amount of props I have to very simple shapes as I wanted to save my budget for the detail in the mantle piece as I wanted to put some detailed carvings which would push up the tris more.


I roughed out the shapes by using mainly swift loop and extruding the shapes from one block for each main piece of the fireplace. I made the pillar details in the fireplace separate as I could repurposed them for the cast iron fencing in front of the fire pit area which keeps the shapes consistent and saves me a lot of time.

whats next?

From here I will move this into Zbrush to start sculpting on top of it to add all the smaller details and engravings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment