Monday, January 11, 2021

Silver bullets

These are to be used with a dragon( small blunderbuss) gun I have also done, but these are not the normal lead bullets that area used in this type of gun but silver ones as vapires can famously be killed by a sliver bullet so I thought my inventory had to have them .

My process for this piece was a little different as I did the bullet without a sketch and did the bullet box second so I will go over both

Bullet

Tonal
For this painting I looked at a variety of lead bullets and the kind of texture they had and I found that if I used a textured brush and blender whilst painting the tones I need not worry too much about rendering texture detail and it would sort itself out almost which ended up working very nicely. I do thing that more attention needed to be paid to the edges of the bullet as they don't alway look as if they curve and do effect the overall depth of the object .








Colour

Since I was aiming for a sliver bullet anyway I didn’t  do much in terms of adding colour other than some shadows on the bullets further away once i multiplied them to make a cluster. I also added a slight blue hue as sliver has a gentle blue undertone which makes it for distinct from it lead cousin.
I think adding more purples in for the furthest away bullet would be my main improvement for the colour here.



Bullet box

Tonal

















Colour 
























No comments:

Post a Comment